Friday, May 17, 2013

Getting Crafty with the Kiddies

So during Mother's day weekend my family always has to celebrate not only that holiday, but my little sister's birthday as well. This year I decided I would be the one who would plan everything and make it fun for my sister. She was doing great in school, and at home as well, so she deserved to be spoiled a little. She is a very creative kid, so we decided on a arts and crafts party (how fun!)
I went on pinterest and searched as many ideas as I could, and I ended up finding two really fun ideas. One was a mason jar luminary, which I though would be great for the kids to give to their moms, and decorate masks. The mason jar luminaries were super easy to make.
All you are going to need is:

  • mason jar
  • mod podge (or make your own by using 50/50 of elmers glue and water)
  • tissue paper (cut into different size pieces)
  • paint brush
  • battery operated tealight. (color changing ones are really cool to use, you can purchase it online on amazon or sometimes walmart)
All you do is:
  • using the brush, paint the mod podge/ glue mixture on the jar 
  • cover what you painted with the brush with tissue paper
  • paint over with glue once again
  • continue doing all these steps until the jar is covered.
  • let it dry overnight 
  • then watch your luminary lighten up the room :)
Overall the party was a success. We had lots of fun with the kids, even though it rained we made the best out of it :) Happy 11th Birthday Margarita!













No comments:

Post a Comment